Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Perfect New Year's Resolution: reaching office EARLY

The last few days had something worrying me.

Despite my setting the alarm clock at 6:30AM every morning from Monday to Friday, my sleepy head had not been registering it and was instead waking me up at precisely 7:20AM. Imagine the horror of flinging your eyes open to realize that you’re just getting out of bed about twenty minutes just before the time that you’re supposed to be leaving the house for office!

So last night I declared to myself that I was going to make sure I woke up ON TIME. No matter that it was 2AM, last time I checked. Work was of the priority here.

As a happy result, the whole of my short night's sleep was nagged by the subconscious thought. Hey, it’s probably getting to morning time already. It must be just a few more minutes to 6:30AM. Or did I already miss my alarm clock’s ring?

Dragging myself to consciousness, I forced my eyes open to squint at the time.

4:48AM.

Great. As my head dropped back onto the pillow, I managed to nudge myself mentally again, Don’t fall too deep asleep. You need to wake up on tiiiii…….zzz.

What felt like seconds later, I jerked myself out from a dreamless stupor and checked the time again.

6:24AM.

I groaned, and closed my eyes. Can close eyes for a short while only. DON’T FALL ASLEEP. You hear? Don’t fall asleep…

Finally my alarm clock rang. 6:30AM.

By the time it got to the time that I was supposed to wake up, I dragged it out, rebelliously enjoying a few more minutes of luxury before actually getting out of bed.

Drama-mama aside, I was the first one from my department to reach office.

Mission accomplished.

Now if I can just ensure that the waking up on time stays intact, I think things will be just fine.

The recent sleep-ins in the mornings over the holiday long weekends must be really screwing up my pineal gland.

**She realized anew why she likes the Fast & Furious movies so much - the speed of a beautiful sports car is just intoxicating...**

No comments:

Post a Comment