Monday, October 11, 2010

The Final Countdown


It's a little queer to sit here with the knowledge that I am spending the last few moments of my life as a twenty year old.

In less than half an hour the clock will strike 12, and I will be leaving behind my childhood (or what little I had of it) forever.

Life in the last twenty years has been an incredible journey.

the moments of laughter
the friends, old and new
the quiet tears
the unfailing support of siblings
the stresses of work
the dives into the deep blue ocean
the little juicy bits of surprise happiness
the beloved furry darling of my life, Misty
the excitement of new experiences
the triumphs of overcoming challenges
the heart pangs that cut deep
the roads less traveled.

It has been of learning lessons, of never giving up till I succeed. Of making the most of what I have, and still being contented. Of thanking God for both the laughter and the tears. Of things lost and things found. Of relishing the little joys. Of aspiring for bigger, greater, higher things. Of making decisions without regret. Of taking risks and enjoying the ride.

Yup, Life has been an adventure.

And I've a feeling it's only gonna get better from here!

I can't wait to see what TWENTY-ONE brings my way. (:

**She could die of happiness right now.**

No comments:

Post a Comment