Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Die all, Die Merrily

Ok, so I have not ridden a bike in like - ages. Years, to be specific. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I got on one. My speed blades have just become too convenient (and cost-effective) an option for me to put aside at a moment's notice. I mean, why spend 7 bucks or more on a mountain bike when you can whip on your beloved inlines and speed along faster than most other bladers OR cyclists?

Then we went up to Sunggei Ringet, Malaysia.

And we decided to rent some bikes and attack the hills of the nearby plantation.

Or should I say, THEY did. My four brothers who never say die, or if they do, it is because they are using it in the phrase "Die all, die merrily." 

Which explains why here we are in the baking hot sun, having just made it up a crazily STEEP, rocky slope to the top of this hill.  

And here are some of my favorite Quotes of the Day, from All in a Day's Cycle (Lim's copyright, 2010). 
"I think you better go in front of me la, it's a bit scary to hear you making so much noise behind me!" "Be careful, Em, better let those two monkeys (T & B) go by first.  You never know what idiotic thing they're going to do next." 

(as we're riding along the trails)
D:
"Err..don't have to look now, but there's a huge longkang on our right."
E: "Yeah I know, I saw it earlier already.  Why cannot look now?"
D: "Oh ok.  Was afraid that if I point it out to you, after a few seconds I might suddenly hear a splash behind me..."
E: "HEY! What are you trying to say about my driving skills huh?"
Q: "How do you know a person went over just ONE puddle of mud?"
A: "Because he has ONE patch of mud running circles around on his tire!"
"Let me take the pic like this, then everyone will think I just made it up the hill!"
We're definitely gonna do it again. 

 Sometime.  

It's hard to predict when would be the next time we can actually get a weekend off to run away together, but we had wayyyy too much fun to not go back another time.  

And maybe next round, we might even be lucky enough to get the ATVs :) 

**She misses her darling Misty. So Very. Much.**

No comments:

Post a Comment