Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Carolyn's Crossing of the Bar


Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness or farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

This morning, the sun set in the life of my dear friend Carolyn.

She was sweet, she was cheerful.
Her sense of humor and ready smile was never dampened despite her phobia of needles and brain scans.
Her vivacious spirit remained unvanquished in the face of pain and discomfort.
Her sweet submission to God's will, even when she could not understand WHY, brought encouragement to the entire family.

And when it was time for her little vessel to embark on its final short but peaceful journey to see her Pilot after more than 2 years of bravely battling a growing brain tumor,
she was ready
.

The tears are overflowing for the loss of a dear friend who was the same age as me, but it brings comfort to know that she is in a far happier place now, free from the physical trials that tormented her days on earth.

We may say goodbye for now, but memories of her will live on in my heart for ever.


**She found it almost impossible to concentrate on what the sales trainer was saying after she received the message this morning**

No comments:

Post a Comment