Thursday, October 22, 2009

Anti-Social Days

First off, let me get this straight. I am NOT a recluse.

In fact, I love being around people. Friends, colleagues, new faces...people in general. Human beings are such interestingly complicated creatures, there is always so much that can be learned from and about them.

"But there are times..." *mimicks John Smith's exasperated expression from Mr. & Mrs. Smith*

....

OK. To put it mildly, let's just say that sometimes a lunch with oneself is a wonderful balm for the stressed/frustrated/exasperated/weary soul.

It's weird how sometimes the little things that you thought didn't matter much to you actually add up to be quite a big deal, hanging around at the back of your mind and wreaking havoc on the insides till you put them in their place.

Last night's bowling made de-stressing easy though - I just imagined each of the little things to be bowling pins, and then threw the ball at them with all the strength I could muster after a long workday.

Lined up for their turn down the lane...
Jay, our Pro Bowler!
You see what I mean? All the right moves...
Jo, getting lots of practice in view of our upcoming company bowling competition!
The spectators
Practice makes perfect
Please strike, please strike...
We always have such good times together!:)
"I'm a steam-roller baby...rolling down the line.."
The last game ball~~

So after all my ranting about Anti-Social Days, bowling with some of my closest colleagues-cum-friends was a great way to end off one such day. They made me smile, and we shared many a laugh together over the games and dinner.

It appears that hanging out with the right people can work wonders for the soul, too. ;)

**She is hoping hoping hoping that she gets some lucky strikes in during tomorrow's competition!**

No comments:

Post a Comment