Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye, 2010 ~ Haylow, 2011!


If there was one word to describe 2010, it would be DYNAMIC.

Change was a constant...
Adaptability was a must...
and Growth was the result.

It was a year of milestones. Here are some highlights of 2010, in a nutshell:

I flew and landed a small 4-seater Aeroplane in Malaysia,
I ran my first 21KM during the Addidas Sundown Marathon, under 2.45 h9urs,
I became Aunt to a SECOND darling little niece,
I went for four diving trips...
Two of them with my colleague Lloyd Chia,
I chilled out with diving buddies...
work friends,
and childhood lovaduckies,
I got an internal transfer in Fuji Xerox from an Admin Support department to the Sales Force...
And successfully hit more than 100% of my personal target within my first 3 months...surrounded by supportive colleagues,
I went to Desaru with the family...twice,
Bintan with Kim and Ben,
Pontian with my colleagues and buddies,
and Port Dickson with the family,
I celebrated my 21st birthday with my family and closest friends and colleagues,
I got my first car,
and I performed as a rockstar guitarist at our FX Christmas party, with our team of Gen-Y Rockers winning 2nd place!

Yes, 2010 has been a crazy year, a year of extremes and of balances.

I met some of the most incredible people from all walks of life: Mediacorpe artistes Pamelyn Chee, Devarajan, Carl Ng, Bernard Tan, and Randall Tan; lawyers; entrepreneurs; insurance agents; students; and some of them joined my circle of closest friends. I went up into the sky, and down below sea level. I left a desk-bound job for a door-to-door career. I turned 21 and held an awesome birthday bash at Mount Emily. I became owner of my very own Coach bag. I learned to handle people and manage the stresses and ups and downs of the sales line. I met with disappointments, setbacks, and heartaches. I had my moments of triumphs, and likewise my moments of tears. I found out that if you put your heart and mind to achieve something, there is no limit to what you can do. I experienced the pain of letting go of some of the people and things dearest to me. I grew in every way possible (except weight and height, hopefully!).

And now, 2011 has arrived.

With it comes new challenges and goals, new beginnings, new opportunities.

My 2011 resolution is simple: Work hard, study hard, and play hard. Laugh more, love always, and don't expect too much from people.

I have no idea what 2011 will bring with it, but I know it will be an incredible year - and I am excited. (:

**Leona Lewis's Run lyrics are running through her mind**

No comments:

Post a Comment