Monday, July 13, 2009

Hungry, Greedy, or - just plain BORED???

I honestly have no idea.

You know the kind of feeling you sometimes get, when you’re so stressed out about something that even when your stomach feels hungry, you just don’t feel like putting any morsel of food into your mouth? The kind of hungry-but-don’t-feel-like-eating feeling that has become a form of excuse whenever my mind is too caught up trying to figure out some “big” (usually L-related) matter in my head.

Well these last few days, I’ve been experiencing just the opposite.

Instead of not wanting to eat, I’ve been getting that urge to just munch on something at random moments all throughout the day. And it’s weird.

Seriously. Weird AND scary.

I mean, what I’m feeling now certainly can’t be hunger (I just ate lunch!!!). And I would rather not use the word “greedy” as that to me signifies an all-consuming drive for food that overtakes all other passions, which is not exactly IT, either. And yet it’s not like I’m particularly bored, as there is more than enough work on hand to keep me busy for one and a half days on end.

So to what exactly am I to attribute this strange urge to??

It seems like my brain keeps on nagging at me to go scavenging for anything edible – be it ice cream, biscuits, nuts, sweets, whatever. And my tummy, instead of yelling back in protest, is replying cheerfully, “Sure, sure – come on in. I can always make a bit more room here” pushing around abit, “and there..Ahh, just enough space left for DESSERT.”

To add salt to wound, I haven’t had much time lately to exercise and work out, so I don’t even have a valid excuse for my food binging. Which is what makes it all the more scary.

I wonder if my mind is just trying to escape from thinking about something which it needs to, and sneakily finding its way out by directing all energies into looking for food instead.

Uh-oh, this is SO not good.

*She is holding off the urge to open the Hello Panda packet sitting in her cupboard*

No comments:

Post a Comment