Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Is my Christmas Present of 8 years soon to be claimed back by the Giver?

Kidney failure is never good news.

But when it happens to something you love very much, it comes as an even greater blow.

Misty is sick.

"Old age," the vet says.

Yeah, of course cats facing old age will be more prone to illnesses and sicknesses. But seeing her get weaker and weaker still brings tears, even as we spoon out her medicine to mix it with the additionally nutriented cat food. And while I know I need to be prepared to say goodbye soon, just the thought of not having my baby around anymore hurts likes crazy. :'(

She's been one of the constants in the last 8 years of my life when everything else - everything changed.
She was there for my happy days when I could squeeze her for joy.
Or there to cuddle or be quietly near by when I was feeling blue.
Or there to sit right splat on top of the book I was reading just to get my attention.
Or... just so many things!

I have never regretted that Christmas Day that she walked in to our home and our hearts...

now I just hope and pray she can hold on to spend atleast one more Christmas with us...

**She has too many things on her To-Do list and too little time**

No comments:

Post a Comment